SAFETY AND SECURITY
Illini Bluffs Schools has emergency and safety plans in place because we believe every student deserves a learning environment that is safe, challenging and exciting.
These strategies help to ensure student and staff safety on our campuses:
- We have implemented security upgrades to all of our buildings which include 24/7 camera monitoring, door buzz-in systems, and ID badges.
- We conduct intruder drills so our staff and students know what to do in the event of an emergency.
- We are working with community agencies to provide safe and fun activities for students.
- We acknowledge that the emotional and physical safety of students and staff is everyone’s responsibility.
- We will continue our efforts to foster a welcoming atmosphere and promote respect on our campus and in our neighborhoods.
Starting in the 2018-2019 school year, our district began using protocols from the I Love U Guys Foundation, which was created in 2009 by Ellen and John Michael Keys after their family experienced tragedy in Park County, Colorado. Additional information can be found at http://iloveuguys.org/srp.html.
Reunification Drill Information
On September 14, 2018, our schools participated in an off-site evacuation drill combined with a new drill called reunification. In a real event (fire, tornado, explosion, etc.), it will be stressful and chaotic for all parties, and we need to be prepared for all hazards especially in the event that we have to evacuate the buildings and cannot return. The reunification drill was designed to help us better prepare for the complexity of reuniting families.